Battle Drills - Contact and Withdrawing
This training is the first of the 3 battle drills that will teach fire team leaders the skills to survive and keep their team alive in the field. This training consist of theoretical questions, and a practical show of knowledge. This training is mandatory for BADO-2 and BADO-3. This training will be held by a senior training instructor.
To pass this checklisted training you will be required to pass all of the 7 major proficiencies. Failing any one proficiency will result in a failure. The examiner will explain why you failed these points and what you can do to pass them. The test can be retaken after a period of seven days. Only the points that led to the previous failure will be reassessed.
- (MAJ) Demonstrate how to correctly react to contact in both advantageous and disadvantageous tactical positions
- (MAJ) Communicate and relay proper instructions to your fire team
- (MAJ) Show that you are able to prioritise the actions of your fire team
- (MAJ) Determine, and follow through on a plan to break contact
- (MAJ) Communicate your intentions to your team so that they know what actions to take at a given moment
- (MAJ) Set up a base of fire to suppress and use smoke to provide concealement before falling back
- (MAJ) Know how to use reverse bounding overwatch to minimise casualties