Mortarman Assessment Course
In this course you will be tested on your ability to determine a location, and setting up everything for a mortar position, you will then proceed to demonstrate the proper procedure for aquiring a firing solution on targets given to you by an instructor. The participant is also required to display the required knowledge for adjusting his fire based on information from the Mortar team leader. Last but not least, the trainee will be expected to communicate properly with his fire element.
Failing to demonstrate any of the 5 major proficiencies will result in a failure. The examiner will explain why you failed these points and what you can do to pass them. The test can be retaken after a period of seven days. Only the points that led to the previous failure will be reassessed.
- (MAJ) Know how to setup a mortar position
- Setting up a mortar.
- In-position Logistics.
- (MAJ) Know how to determine and calculate a firing solution within 3 minutes.
- Understand 8-digit grids.
- Know how to use range card
- Know how to use the kestrel to calculate for wind deflection
- Know how to use Map tools.
- Know the Time of Flight of your rounds.
- (MAJ) Know how to adjust your firing solution based on information from mortar team leader.
- (MAJ) Know how to communicate with the rest of your mortar team.
- (MAJ) Hit your 3 targets given by your instructor
- Hit your first target.
- Hit your 2nd target within 5 hits.
- Hit your 3rd target within 3 Hits.