Explosive Ordinance Disposal Course
This training will require the participant to show his skills in locating and defusing explosives, all the while showing utmost patience and cautiousness. The participant will also be expected to know the different types of explosives and how to properly defuse and/or remove them, the trainee will also be required to find explosives based on information from other elements, and to communicate to other elements the presence of explosives.
Failing to demonstrate any of the major proficiencies will result in a failure. The examiner will explain why you failed these points and what you can do to pass them. The test can be retaken after a period of seven days. Only the points that led to the previous failure will be reassessed.
- (MAJ) Know how to determine the location of explosives and how to properly approach them.
- Know how to communicate the presence of explosives to other elements
- Know how to use information from other elements to find explosives
- Know how to use a mine detector
- (MAJ) Know the procedure for defusal/removal of the following explosives:
- Remote detonated explosives
- Pressure detonated explosives
- Timed explosives
- Magnetic sensor explosives
- Non-defusable explosives
- (MAJ) Know how to do a controlled detonation
- Know how to use a firing device
- Know how to place a M112 charge
- (MAJ) Be able to communicate properly with nearby elements for controlled detonations.