Pilot Fixed Wing Course
The following test was created to accurately assess the skillset of an applicant for the fixed wing badge. You will go through a series of in-game tests with an examiner to check whether or not you are capable of accomplishing the necessary feats. This course requires a testmap with a training mission.
To pass this checklisted training you can only fail to demonstrate one minor qualification. Failing to demonstrate any of the 10 major proficiencies will result in a failure. The examiner will explain why you failed these points and what you can do to pass them. The test can be retaken after a period of seven days. Only the points that led to the previous failure will be reassessed.
The pilot must be able to:
- (MAJ) taxi to the runway,
- (MAJ) take off from the runway assigned to them,
- (MAJ) land the aircraft safely without damaging it while:
- (MIN) communicating correctly with other flights, the command element, the crew or cargo
- (MAJ) looking out for and preventing collisions,
- (MIN) using the correct settings (flaps) of the aircraft.
- (MAJ) approach the AO in a suitable manner.
- (MAJ) eject from the aircraft while reporting back all information needed to recover the pilot or valuable cargo.
- (MAJ) engage and destroy or disable hostile targets while:
- (MAJ) selecting the correct weapon for the targets,
- (MIN) selecting priority targets,
- (MIN) surviving the engagement,
- (MIN) keeping equipment Loss to a minimum,
- (MAJ) communicating with observing elements,
- (MIN) reporting back to the commanding elements: SITREP,
- (MIN) landing the aircraft safely if damaged
- (MAJ) or not after the engagement.