DEPARTMENT OF THE ARMY
HEADQUARTERS INDEPENDENT GAMING GROUP
INDEPENDENT GAMING TACTICS COMMAND
From: Col O. Hebron
(Intelligence Officer, IGTC, S-3 )
Thanks to your efforts in Bum, Riqay and Qalandar. We're not only set to retake important Oil extraction assets from ISIS, but we've aquired new gear courtesy of the CEO you rescued from Bum which is sure to become invaluable moving forward.
ISIS, after they failed in taking Qalandar, have dug themselves in, within and near Akhund and the accompanying oilfields. Dagger is moving in from the north of Akhund to assault the town directly, whilst you (Ranger) will attempt to secure the Akhund oilfields.
This is where things get slightly complicated as ISIS have rigged the Oil storage tanks and the extractors to blow in an attempt to prevent us from assaulting and retaking them. We however, cannot sit idle whilst ISIS digs in even further and continues to torture and murder our people. As such we're deploying you to the Oilfield regardless.
Since it is rigged to blow, we need to change our approach. Command recommends diversionary tactics, in which the bulk of your forces assaults the main refinery in an attempt to pull the patrols and their attention away from the derricks, then move in with a small EOD team to start searching for and defusing the explosives. Extra caution is advised no matter what tactic you decide to utilize, as we still do not possess supressors, and it is still very much daytime.
Expect civillian hostages in Akhund and the Oilfields
Their armored assets will be forced to remain inside the Town of Akhund itself, to protect the town from Dagger.
Arsenal contains whitelisted gear exclusively. Items in the arsenal will be utilized based on squad/fireteam leaders discretion.
Due to arsenal being whitelisted, prepping loadouts in VR arsenal will not be effective.
NEW GEAR AVAILABLE:
- Prevent the Akhunds Oilfield infrastructure from getting destroyed
- ISIS has setup one or more explosive devices on the Oil extraction & storage infrastructure
- You'll need to move a EOD team in to each asset in an attempt to find and defuse the explosives
- ISIS troops are patrolling the derricks, if the EOD team is discovered, expect ISIS to start detonating the explosives
- Distraction tactics are recommended
- Aid friendly forces in securing Akhund
- Friendly forces will be attacking Akhund from the north to prevent ISIS from sending reinforcements to the oilfield
- When you're done in the oilfields, move into akhund from the east and help secure it.
- 6x Offroad (.50 cal)
- ∞x Offroad (6 seater)
- ∞x Truck (13 seater)
- ∞x KamAZ (17 seater)
- Armor expected inside the town of Akhund
Colonel O. Hebron
IGTC Operations & Intelligence