Field Radio Operators Course - Practical
In this practical course the participant will get tested on their ability to use the radio according to protocol (communications quick reference) during a simulated combat experience. This test will be conducted by 2 senior training instructors, and requires at least 3 additional participants to form a full fire team.
To pass this checklisted training you can not fail to demonstrate any of the major qualifications. The examiners will explain why you failed these points and what you can do to pass them. The test can be retaken after a period of seven days.
- (MAJ) Give 3 ACE reports while under combat stress
- (MAJ) Correctly use comm protocols under combat stress
- (MAJ) Show working knowledge of the NATO phonetic alphabet
- (MAJ) Show correct usage of pro-words under combat stress
- (MAJ) Show correct usage of jargon under combat stress