Unmanned Aerial Vehicle Course
In this training course, the trainees will be tested on their knowledge about UAV/UGV's and how to properly operate them, the instructor will provide to the trainee a UAV terminal, and all of the different drones available. The participant will then demonstrate proper positioning of unmanned assets depending on type and situation, whilst also demonstrating proper procedures for all the uses of Unmanned drones drones.
Failing to demonstrate any of the 4 major proficiencies will result in a failure. The examiner will explain why you failed these points and what you can do to pass them. The test can be retaken after a period of seven days. Only the points that led to the previous failure will be reassessed.
- (MAJ) Have knowledge of the different UAV's available to us, and what their role is.
- AR-2 Darter
- MQ4A Greyhawk
- UGV Stomper
- AL-6 Pelican (Demining & Cargo Variants)
- (MAJ) Be able to understand and use the UAV interface, and the gear required.
- Accessing the UAV Terminal
- Connecting to the correct drone.
- Placing waypoints
- Editing waypoints
- (MAJ) Be able to move UAV/UGV's into the most beneficial positions
- Be able to assess the best position for unmanned assets
- Be able to navigate them there via waypoints
- Be able to navigate them there via direct control
- (MAJ) Be able to utilize each drone in the main roles they can support.
- Base of Fire
- Laser designation
- (MINOR) Be able to utilize each drone in the secondary roles they can support