Combined Arms - IDF
In this course, trainee's will be tested on their ability to work with IDF support, participants will have to prove that they are capable of take into account the risks and limitations when they requests fire missions, and be able to properly request what they need. An understanding of what fire missions are at their disposal will also be tested. The trainee's will also be tested on their ability to judge the terrain and range between the IDF location and their AO, so they will in most cases know before asking for IDF, wether or not it will be available. Last but not least they will also be checked for the ability to relay fire support requests from other elements.
Failing to demonstrate any of the 3 major proficiencies will result in a failure. The examiner will explain why you failed these points and what you can do to pass them. The test can be retaken after a period of seven days. Only the points that led to the previous failure will be reassessed.
- (MAJ) Be able to determine whether IDF support will be able to reach your AO
- (MAJ) Be able to communicate properly when dealing with IDF support
- Be able to relay IDF requests
- Understand what you're asking for when placing a request.
- (MAJ) Understand the limitations/risks of IDF, and be able to make sure they are taken into account.
- Friendly fire