Leadership Development Course
This training will be focused on developing your leadership skills. In this training you will be tested on your mission planning skills, and your briefing skills in passing the intel down the chain of command. You instructor will also have a conversation about how you see yourself as a leader. This training will be held by a senior training instructor
To pass this checklisted training you can only fail to demonstrate one minor qualification. Failing to demonstrate any of the major proficiencies will result in a failure. The examiner will explain why you failed these points and what you can do to pass them. The test can be retaken after a period of seven days. Only the points that led to the previous failure will be reassessed.
- (MAJ) Devise a combat plan, keeping in mind the assets at your disposal
- (MIN) Mark your proposed plan of action on the map
- (MIN) Keep the NATO phonetics in mind while designating markers
- (MAJ) Properly brief your FTLs on the upcoming mission
- Tell them what equipment they'll need to bring
- Tell them what situations they can expect in the field
- Tell them their tasking for the mission
- (MAJ) Know how to maintain situational awareness
- (MAJ) Know how to discipline your FTLs
- (MAJ) Present yourself as a leader
- How do you see yourself as a leader?
- What are your strengths?
- What are your weaknesses?
- Know how to curb your weaknesses and play of your strengths
- (MAJ) Maintain your authority while still instilling confidence and being professional