In this training course, trainee's will be tested on their ability to properly select a diver loadout, all the time keeping in mind that they should; in most cases, bring gear for use on land, and their different uniform and wests might have a different carrying capacity.
They will also be tested on their ability to: Change between gear types in under a minute, how to use the underwater radio, and know how and why to utilize an SDV submersible.
In addition, they will be checked on their knowledge of the S-DAR and its ammo, and how to utilize explosives underwater.
To pass this checklisted training you can only fail to demonstrate one minor qualification. Failing to demonstrate any of the 4 major proficiencies will result in a failure. The examiner will explain why you failed these points and what you can do to pass them. The test can be retaken after a period of seven days. Only the points that led to the previous failure will be reassessed.
- (MAJ) Know the minimum gear requirement for diving.
- (MAJ) Know how to change between land/diving gear in under 1 minute.
- (MAJ) Know how to use the underwater radio
- (MAJ) Know what the SDV capabilities are
- (MINOR) Know the capabilities of the S-DAR and its ammo.
- (MINOR) Know how to attach explosives to boats whilst in water.