Field Radio Operators Course - Theory
In the FROC-1 Field Radio Operators Course the participants gets tested on their ability to use the Radio and the protocol that is part of using the radio correctly. The Course is Theoratical and is mandatory to be eligble for FROC-2; the practical assesment. This test will be instructed by a Senior training instructor
To pass this checklisted training you can only fail to demonstrate 2 minor qualifications. Failing to demonstrate any of the 3 major proficiencies will result in a failure. The examiner will explain why you failed these points and what you can do to pass them. The test can be retaken after a period of seven days. Only the points that led to the previous failure will be reassessed.
- (MAJ) Show an understanding and knowledge of the basic concepts of military radio communications.
- Know the A,B,C's of radio communications.
- Know the whole Nato phonetic
- Know how to start Call
- Know how to End a Call
- Know how to Radio check
- (MAJ) Show an understanding and knowledge of the following:
- Universal or special Pro-words (80% minimum)
- Military Jargon (80% minimum)
- (MAJ) Provide intel to Command by giving the following:
- Definition of LACE/Sit-Rep by example
- Definition of ACE/Cas-Rep by example
- Definition of a Contact Report by example
- (MINOR) Provide 5 different and correct 6-digit grid coordinates.
- (MINOR) Provide grid coordinates readback
- (MINOR) Know how to properly call for med-evac and/or transport