Operation Pacific Fury Chapter 2
DEPARTMENT OF THE ARMY
HEADQUARTERS INDEPENDENT GAMING GROUP
INDEPENDENT GAMING TACTICS COMMAND
From: Admiral A.K Barr
To: Personnel of Expeditionary Group 16
Marines your last mission was a complete success. we have pushed the remnants of the main force off of the south-east island and over the bridge north of Harcourt. SEALs have verified the town is clean and along with SATCOM and the airforce are monitoring movements.
The intel you gathered from the Russian field base has indicated 2 things
- There is the beginnings of a Russian SAM net active and is capable of firing to the direction of Harcourt.
- There are reinforcements coming to retake the ground the enemy has lost. Estimated time of arrival 12:30
We, therefore, need to hold the bridge and protect the town and its civilian populous from recapture. To aid this we have landed Marine Engineers, Vehicles and their Equipment. Hold the line!
- The bridge must not be destroyed.
- Civilians - Hearts and minds some may be heading our way to escape Russian territory.
- Town assets are to be kept intact to the best of our ability.
- 11AM start
- Secure the north end of the bridge.
- Marine Engineers have landed 2 material carrying trucks - use these to assemble defenses if desired to aid your survivability and effectiveness
- SATCOM imagery estimates Russian counterattack formations will approach the bridge by 12:35. (OOC - this assumes you all move dead on mission start)
- Enemy vics will mostly be funnelled down roads into kill zones
- Stop troops crossing the bridge and moving into town.
- Gather any intel that may present itself
- 2 x Construction Hemmett
- 1 x F/A-18 E for CAS/CAP available (fielded from carrier for airspace Quality of play)
- Unarmed MRAP
- US Static Weapons are available
- 5.56 Stanag compatible rifles at the discretion of SL > FTL.
- M249/M240, GLs , SMaW, M136 , SR/DMR < .50cal of SL choice.
- MINES/EXPLOSIVES. JTAC Equipment
- MARPAT WD Camo
- Mechanised and Motorised infantry.
- Air Assets and Artillary may be present